To process your financial aid, you will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please note the school cannot apply you for, or receive funding on your behalf, until these steps are fully completed. Failure to complete the FAFSA will result in a student being placed on a payment plan for the cost of the program.
Go to https://fafsa.ed.gov/
If you do not have an FSA ID, click on the lock “FSA ID” icon at the top center of the page. This will bring to you another website where you can create an FSA ID.
• The FSA ID, the answers to the challenge questions, and the password are all important information that will be used time and again at different intervals. Please be sure to secure this information so that it can be recalled when necessary.
• Parents of dependent students will need to use/create their own FSA ID
Once your FSA ID is established, proceed to complete the FAFSA
Click on “Start a New FAFSA” or “Returning Users”
• If you already have a current FAFSA on file, click on “Returning Users” and sign in with your FSA ID to make corrections, add a school, etc.
Click on “Enter the student’s FSA ID”.
• Enter your FSA ID and password
Complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA using your 2016 taxes and/or
Complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA using your 2017 taxes (available October, 2018)
• Be sure to have your Federal tax returns available for your reference; use the actual financial data from your tax returns; do not guess or input numbers based on memory or assumption.
• If given the option to use the IRS DRT (Data Retrieval Tool), we recommend you do so to eliminate errors in the financial section; the DRT pulls your tax information from the IRS Database.
• Parents of dependent students will complete their financial information using their tax returns for the corresponding years.
Enter our school code, which is 015768.
Once the FAFSA is complete, electronically sign your FAFSA with your FSA ID. Parents of dependent students must also sign the FAFSA with their own FSA ID.
Print the submission confirmation page for your reference.
Once your information has been entered and processed, it will take approximately 5-7 days for the school to receive your information.